How to Check Numbers Of SIMs Issued Against Your CNIC.
To overcome these problems, PTA introduced a modern SIM information system in 2009.
How many SIMs can be registered against a CNIC?
First it is important to understand that there is a limit to the number of SIMs that can be used against their ID card. According to the rules laid down by the PTA, an individual can issue a maximum of 5 SIM cards in his own name at a time.
How to check the total number of SIMs issued against your CNI
There are two easy ways you can:
- Through the website:
Visit the PTA SIM Information website to check the number of SIM cards issued and active against your name.
The link will open a web page asking you to enter your information.link
Enter your CNIC number in the field provided.
Check the box to confirm that you are not a robot and press ‘Submit’.
You will see a list of SIMs registered against this particular CNIC in tabular form.
To know the total number of SIMs issued against your CNIC via SMS, here is a short guide:
- Open the Text messaging application on your android phone.
- Type your CNIC number without any dashes.
- Once completed, send this message to 668.
- You will soon receive a shortly text about the confirmation of your registerd sims.
Please note that you will receive PKR 2+ tax for every SMS you send to 668.
If you find that the number of SIMs issued against your CNIC is greater than the current number of SIM cards you have used, you should contact the Customer Service Center of the relevant company operator.
PTA Biometric Verification System:
The PTA Biometric Verification System, or BVS for short, is an important step by PTA in monitoring the safety of cellular users and eliminating illegal use of mobile phone connections. With this system you can easily:
- Get a duplicate SIM.
- Activate or buy a new SIM card.
- How you can change the ownership of a SIM card previously registered under someone else’s CNIC.
- you can also registerd your sim clicking on this link
- Re-verify your SIM card.
Biometric verification Process.
To ensure that your registered SIM card is not blocked, you will need to confirm whether you are using a SIM that PTA recognizes. To get a biometric SIM, you must first check if the SIM card is registered in your name Or not .
How to check SIM owner’s name?
To know the name of the owner of the SIM, you should follow these simple steps:
- Open the text messaging application from your phone.
- Send a blank message to 667 or click on link .
- You will soon receive a reply text message indicating the name of the SIM owner from whom the message was sent.
How to block SIM card registered against your CNIC?
Visit the nearest Franchisee in your area or call customer Support office of the respective cellular company.
You have to show your original CNIC and fill out the relevant form which will be.