How to add or remove section breaks in MS Word.
Delete a page in MS Word.
Adding section breaks to a longer document makes it easier for the reader to navigate. Here you can know how to add or remove section breaks in a Word document.
Speaking of the editorial department, Microsoft Word has done an amazing job for us. With a wide range of functionality, it allows us to create the perfect document in an instant. One of the many features we can access in Microsoft Word is the ease of reading in a document. With the introduction of section and page breaks, the workflow becomes much easier.
Why do you need section and page breaks?
In a long document, it is useful to introduce the division into different sections and make it easier for the reader to view the document.
Page and section breaks are often used when moving to the next topic of discussion in a long document or introducing a new chapter in a book. A section page mainly highlights a portion of the text to provide a better reading experience.
Insert a section break in Word How to insert a section or page break.
- To insert a section or page break, you must first select where you want to insert it into the text.
- Place your cursor in the document to indicate where you want the particular section to end and the next section to begin.
- Go to the top of the page and click ‘Enter‘.
- This will open a list of options. Click ‘Break‘.
- Next you can select the type of section break you want to introduce.
- Alternatively, click ‘Layout‘.
- Proceed to Options and select ‘Breaks‘.
Similarly, select the type of brake you want to insert.
How to remove a section or page break.
- Start by showing all the breaks in a document.
- Select the section break you want to remove by highlighting it with your cursor.
- Press ‘Delete‘ or ‘Backspace‘ on your keyboard.
Adding or removing section breaks in your Word document allows you to better organize your text and gain more control when it comes to formatting.